Personal intro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personal intro

Post  Admin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey, go ahead and introduce yourself

Rp experience, fav settings, most liked part about table top games.
Anything you think will help me and others know you better and make a better game.

My name is Brandon I am a 22 year old film student. I have been playing tabletop for 12 years gurps for 6 -on and off-. I have GM'd two previous games one of them via maptools. I really do enjoy participating in games and stories involving supers and the exotic for some reason or another the common comic book heroes in a real enviroment always seemed interesting to me. As far as time period I am easy I have played and enjoyed anything from the greek golden age to far off space opera games.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://oneshots.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal intro

Post  Seven on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:21 pm

[quote="Admin"]Hey, go ahead and introduce yourself

Rp experience, fav settings, most liked part about table top games.
Anything you think will help me and others know you better and make a better game.
[quote]

My name is Kevin, I am 20 years old working on a literary degree and am riding through college on scholarships won through writing competitions. I have played many different PNP rpgs, D&D 1,2,3,4 and pathfinder, Exalted as a lunar, solar and siddy, Deadlands, a GURPS space opera that was amazing and is the reason I want to play GURPS again I love the system, Shadowrun, and various other one shots. I like my games 50/50 rp and combat because I enjoy both equally well, I thourougly enjoy the 40k universe and have played the 40k tabletop (Tau army) though not very well. I'm looking forward to this game and am familiar with the GURPS system so if any of my squad mates need assistance feel free to ask. When I played in my last GURPS game I was the crew's stealth operator and ground computer hacker. I was adept at tailing targets through any environment, blending in with any group, infilitrating any location or computer, and played an equally important role with the rest of the party. Other than that, you should know I have terrible luck with online dice.

Seven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vermillion on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Whoa...sorry for the delay in posting. Let's see...

Name's Claude, 27, computer science student trying to fricking graduate already. I WISH I had a scholarship, writing or no. I also like to pretend I am a spec-fic novelist, at least until I remember I haven't actually written anything yet. I got a blog or two, but I rarely update them.

Gaming? Let's see. I'm pretty much a journeyman player, a jack of all trades, master of none. Most of my experience is D&D4E (actually prepping my first real turn as a DM), Serenity/Cortex, GURPS (3rd and 4th editions), and Mutants and Masterminds. I have also dabbled in Exalted, Champions, Marvel Universe RPG, Hackmaster 4E, Shadowrun (again 3rd and 4th), Cyberpunk 2020, Mekton Zeta, and Big Eyes Small Mouth. Funnily enough, I have never played a full game of D&D in my life. I have certainly tried, but ever got past the first session in many cases. One possible reason for my game-hopping is my ADHD, which often leads me to zone out during ...uh....what was I saying?

...huh...

Anyway, as far as my RPG likes and dislikes: I like rules, I like powers and abilities beyong those of mortal men, I like action-movie antics that should never work, I like some humor in the mist of all the drama. Mostly, though, I just like being stimulated. Keep me entertained, and you will get no problem from me.

I will admit right now, I am one of those players that rip off homage fictional characters a lot in their PCs.

So if you can deal with that, and my occasional typos (I type faster than I think), we can get along famously.

Vermillion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizzdog on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 am

Hi. I might as well introduce myself, seeing as I am muscling my way into this campaign.

The name's Trizz, though in reality I go by the name Travis. I am a 22 year old male from Vancouver, BC, Canada, who likes to play games and generally coast through life. I am a hobbyist in many fields, though I focus most of my efforts in artistic and computer/internet related endeavours. Unfortunately, these hobbies never thrive because of my compulsive and overwhelming addiction to games; video games in paticular. Personality wise, I am egotistical and surly, but that's what makes me a great person, and why everyone wants to be with me.

I can't recall all of my PnP/Tabletop gaming experiences, but I have played more than my fair share of DnD (though I really should say d20 systems), Vampires: The Masquerade/Requiem, GURPS (durr), and Warhammer 40k. I'm sure I've played more than that, but I don't feel like fumbling around my already failing memory just to make a list. Ultimately you can assume I have played most of the popular / major systems. Though on a related note, WH40k is my only Tabletop experience.

Any setting is cool by me, as long as, simply put, it's "well done". Though I do have a passion for post apocalyptic or dieselpunk settings. Which is why my own campaign setting is both.

I've been a GM for pretty much all of my gaming experiences, and have forgotten what it's like to be a player. Here's to hoping we have a wonderful gaming experience together.

On a minor note, I've been playing GURPS for about a year and a half now. I take a paticular fancy to it mostly due to its flexibility and "pseudo-realism".

Trizzdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:35 am

Welcome new people, glad to see a decent number of people signing up on the forums.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://oneshots.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Azinctus on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 am

Hi I'm Azinctus,

I'm a 33 year old Scottish male, I live in France and work as a sub-editor for an oil and gas publishing company. I spotted the set up on Map Tool. Thursday afternoons in the US work out nicely for me since I can only play evenings during the week.

I've been roleplaying for 20-odd years. I've played: 5 editions of D&D, Star Wars, Shadowrun, WFRP and Vampire among many other game systems and a good deal of live roleplaying. I like wargames (40K, WFB) and I fancy myself as a tactical thinker. I started playing GURPS about five years ago so I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

I have the misfortune to always be the GM though so I've almost never been a player in GURPS. I've ran various GURPS campaigns (some in English some in French): 17th century historical, Low Fantasy, High Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Cowboys. I've now got three games on the go: Dungeon Fantasy, 1920's adventure and Renaissance Florence.

I look forward to joining a game as soon there is a spot free.

Azintus

PS My real name is Angus.

Last edited by Azinctus on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos, forgot about D&D 3.5)

Azinctus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top