Gurps One Shots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign Description

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you plan on attending?

Campaign Description I_vote_lcap80%Campaign Description I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Campaign Description I_vote_lcap20%Campaign Description I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Campaign Description I_vote_lcap0%Campaign Description I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Campaign Description Empty Campaign Description

Post  Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Post on this topic if you wish to join this campaign

Game to take place on 1/28/2010 Thursday afternoon 3pm EST

I hope to have between 5-10 players for this campaign

Game will last apox 6 hours with a break in there. This is due to the large number of people that may be involved in the campaign.

Campaign:
“In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium there is only war!” The future is a dark place and the distant future is no exception. Man has spread throughout the galaxy and over the vastness of space they have encountered many enemies of alien, internal, and even supernatural. The one binding agent for this paper thin society is the Emperor of man. Supposedly the greatest man to ever live who was able to join mankind into a single body to stand together as a unified body. Unfortunately some of his own best warriors betrayed him causing a civil war which was only ended with the Emperor sacrificing himself to save mankind. Ten thousand years later the Emperor resides in a chamber on Holy Terra -Earth- where his mental projection protects the Imperium of man.
The empire is in a tenuous state wrought with corruption, heresy, mutation, and external attacks. The vast and over expanded Imperium fights foes on all ends of the galaxy. One of the greatest hotbeds of war is the Cadian gate; a group of systems forming the area of space known as Cadia. The Imperium is represented here by one of their strongest arms of the Imperial Guard. The Cadians fight well, but are faced by innumerous foes including Eldar, an old and wise race known for using trickery to use men as puppets to their own schemes. Orks a foul greenskin race bent on one thing, warfare. The Tyranid, an alien race with a collective mind with only primal goals of descending on worlds devouring them whole and leaving nothing behind, but an empty shell. Probably the worst threat especially to cadia is Chaos. Chaos is the pure essence of disorder and is strongest in the “Eye of Terror” an area of space not far from cadia which hides Heretics, Mutants, Daemons, and the traitors of man who slew their own emperor and father, The Chaos space marines.
You are part of the 107th Cadian Brigade. A regiment held in reserve In the cadian system. The Imperial guard is prized as the bread and butter of the Imperiums defense. However this is not achieved through quality, but sheer quantity. The most vast resource in the Imperium is bodies, innumerable soldiers willing to lay their lives down to defend their race. The grim truth is that tactical projections are that a guardsman’s life expectancy once deployed is 15 hours. Can you survive this prediction, and hold fast against the tides of horror that beset the 41st millennium?

This campaign takes place in the warhammer 40k universe. Given the background of campaign and the PC’s occupation this will be a high combat campaign I predict roughly 70:30 Combat/roleplay. As well this campaign is ment to test players wits to survive a near suicidal tour of duty as an imperial guardsman, this means that there is a high expectation of character death –to be honest men are tissue paper compared to almost any race in the warhammer universe.- If character death bothers you you may need to reconsider, However many consider me a fairly fair GM and I would rather give crafty players the benefit and not just blast you all with a barrage of lascannons. As well since players may drop dead not too far into the campaign alternatives have been made to allow you to continue on in a hands on manner.

Year: 40,XXX
Genre: Realistic
Multiple planes of existence: Yes
Campaign base: Cadia
Tech level: 11/6
Character value: 50
Disadvantage:-42
Quirks:-2
Supernatural: Yes (Limited)
PC Mages: No
Different levels of mana: Yes
General Mana Level: Average

A word on TL: In the far future many terrible and great inventions have come to light. However many of these have sparked war and strife. As such there is a genuine fear of technology even computers with the most basic AI are banned and all electronics must have a human component. Many of the weapons and gear in the 41st millennium are TL 9+ however in a sense are manufactured by TL 6ish equipment so many powerful tools are prone to malfunction-If not considered heresy to use-.

Characters Will be built on a premade template that you may add to with a select number of packages, items, skills, and advantages.

One other note if anyone does not want to create a character I can prebuild one for you. All you gotta do is show up!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oneshots.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Campaign Description Empty Expressing an interest

Post  Seven Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello, I saw your post on ENworld and was jonzing for another GURPS game since the last one I was in went so well. I'm curious why you aren't running a 40k universe game in Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy, but don't really care as you're running it in GURPS and we're guardsmen.
Important question, which edition are you using?
Important question, which books aren...are we allowed to use, if I recall there are many many books out there with various disadvantages and traits to choose from so what are we limited to?

Edit: I created a huddle.net account with the username Seven7

Seven

Back to top Go down

Campaign Description Empty Re: Campaign Description

Post  Admin Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Good questions,
First off Gurps was choosen because these are single session adventures using the gurps system. Warhammer 40,000 is a old favorite of mine so wanted to try out an adventure. As to addition we are using the current 4th ed. All books are open if you find something appropriate for a common grunt guardsman, However I have a set number of restricted skills and advantages (most in the form of equipment) you may take. I will post them today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Ok, I'll be watching, I downloaded the GURPS character assistant and will play with that a little till I feel confident to make a guardsman with it. So...whats your opinion on worship, if one of our fellow guardsman were to secretly worship khorne, or slaneesh, or god forbid nurgle, how will we handle that? Also I am of the idea that if I make a guardsman he is one of those guardsman that traded in his comissar hat for a bigger gun and will most likey inspire the troops to die for the emperor and execute any who show cowardice even in the face of certain death.

Seven

Back to top Go down

Post  Re'ozul Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm

I also saw your post on ENWorld and find the idea incredible.
But man you are giving us a lot of negatives to play with, does the IMperium not have any baseline when taking recruits? Laughing
As I don't have the helper program it might take a while for me to find stuff appropriate for a lowly guard.
Then again, playing those guys can be much more interesting then playing meat-for-brains space-marines.
I'll see what I can whip up for my char.
Also, do we get Lasguns (I like their uncomplicatedness)

Re'ozul

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Re'ozul wrote:I also saw your post on ENWorld and find the idea incredible.
But man you are giving us a lot of negatives to play with, does the IMperium not have any baseline when taking recruits? Laughing
As I don't have the helper program it might take a while for me to find stuff appropriate for a lowly guard.
Then again, playing those guys can be much more interesting then playing meat-for-brains space-marines.
I'll see what I can whip up for my char.
Also, do we get Lasguns (I like their uncomplicatedness)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ym9txjiy1nj

thats the link for the character assistant I found.
it looks complicated at first with all the loading and stuff when you first start it.
make sure you run the "Check for Updates" program first it gets installed with it.

Edit: Other question, will we select our equipment before we start, if not I believe I am done, I can email you the .GCA4 file for the character assistant for my guardsman Miles Derringer.

Seven

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 am

The guardsman is ment to be lowly, and partially incompetent. I am actually being a tad bit generous in some of the allowed gear. Although that is why this is ideal for a one shot campaign everyone surviving is unlikely. When thinking guardsman think the first charge in "Enemy at the gates"

You can view all allowed equipment and advantages in the Character Construction topic. I will be making a forum section where you can post your email that you registered with huddle and I can add you I have most the gurps books and aids. Or you can email or pm me and I will add you but I need the email.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Campaign Description Empty Still got space?

Post  Azinctus Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am

Is there any room for another player?

I ran an Imperial Guard campaign with the WFRP system. I'll happily take Lascannon Loader or simple Lasrifleman.

Azinctus

Back to top Go down

Post  Trizzdog Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 am

Originally I was going to show up all fine and dandy, but recently someone suddenly quit out from the place I work at, and I'll have to fill out an extra shift (IE Thursday) until we find someone to help out. This means unfortunately I cannot attend, since I will be starting my extra shift the time the game starts. Hopefully I will be able to attend sessions in the future.

Apologies for now.

Trizzdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:10 am

Not a problem, thankyou for the heads up. More than welcome to join up for future games, dont forget to vote on which ideas you like the best.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azinctus Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

I'm just thinking about getting set-up for the game this evening. What memory allocation does everyone use for Map Tool? I read on the Map Tool forum that the GM shouldn't have a higher allocation than any of the players.

I'm getting TeamSpeak and Ventrilo, now I only need a gallon of coffee for the all-nighter (they call it a nuit blanche - white night - here in Frank Land).

Angus

Azinctus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:36 pm

I am just going to use the standard memory allocation dont change anything. second we will be playing roughly 5-6 hours and prolly again next week so it wont be too bad, however I dont know what time it is there >.>
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azinctus Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 pm

I took tomorrow off work so I can play all night. But 5-6 hours isn't so bad. That means stopping at 2am or 3am. I was imagining an 8 hour session and finishing at 5am.

Azinctus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Maptools server is up, still working on our voice server

Maptools:

Chukles
pass: oneshot

Connect as: player first name - your first name
Ie mine would be chukles - brandon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Admin wrote:Maptools server is up, still working on our voice server

Maptools:

Chukles
pass: oneshot

Connect as: player first name - your first name
Ie mine would be chukles - brandon

still having trouble connecting

Heres what I'm doing

Start Maptools
File
Connect to Server
Click the RPTools.net Tab
Username: Seven - Kevin
Password: oneshot
Role: Player
Servername: Chukles

am I doing something wrong?

Seven

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:09 pm

what is it saying?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:12 pm

used to say server not found now it says

IO Error:java.net.connectionexemption: Connection Refused:connect

click file, go down to connection info
give me the 2 addresses you should have listed I'll try connecting directly

Seven

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 pm

if you scroll down on the list of servers there are 2 listed as Chukles, make sure to connect to the one that is using 1.356 and make sure you have that version of Maptools as well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Next Game will be Tomarrow 2/4 at 4PM EST. It is very conseivable to asume that we will finish with this game this week. If you did not join us for the first session you are welcome to join us in this game. I have premades or you can build your own. Just email me and we will work it out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azinctus Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 pm

I'll be there but I can't play as late this week as last week. Is there a reason for the later start? 3pm EST obviously suits me better than 4pm. However I will be there and if the game is half as much fun as it was last week then I'll be keen to push my bedtime as late as possible (maybe 3am which is 9pm EST?).

Of course if we haven't reached the end I'll be happy to hand Sergeant Victor over to someone else to play. That's if he hasn't been killed...

Azinctus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Couple people could not do 3 on thursday, Reasonably we should be able to do the game in 5 hours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azinctus Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Ok. No problem. Sounds like I might get to see the end then.

Azinctus

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Game is starting up for those of you playing a reminder that the Ventillo info is as follows

> Server: losangeles.gventrilo.com
> Port: 4160
> Pas: tempest2010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:12 am

sorry, i got stuck with a 48 hour shift at the station, didn't get home till 2:30 a.m

Seven

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm

not a problem we ended up having a third session, will be same time same place.

Oh your still alive too! for the most part!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next